To qualify for a BirchBark Foundation grant,
you must be able to answer "yes" to all of the following questions:
1. Are you a resident of Santa Cruz or Monterey Counties?
2. Does the animal have an immediately life-threatening or life-compromising injury or illness that requires urgent care?
3. According to the veterinarian, is there a good prognosis and can treatment be mostly completed in one visit or hospital stay?
4. Has the applicant applied for Care Credit?
5. Is the applicant’s total household income within 250% of the federal poverty guidelines (see chart below)?
|1 person||$29,700 or less|
|2 people||$40,050 or less|
|3 people||$50,400 or less|
|4 people||$60,750 or less|
|5 people||$71,100 or less|
|6 people||$81,450 or less|
|7 people||$91,825 or less|
|8 people||$102,225 or less|
If you answered YES to all of the above, please contact one of our Veterinary Partners, or contact Darcy Harris, RVT at 831.471.7912